Some estimates indicate as many as 85% of mediated construction disputes settle successfully.
Many owners and managers involved in construction disputes are turning away from expensive conflict resolution methods such as litigation and arbitration, in which they lose control of the costs incurred as well as the decision-making process.
INACCORD mediation offers your team reduced legal costs, avoidance of the emotional stress of litigation, and provides a much faster resolution that preserves valued relationships. Potential mediable construction disputes include:
- Code, enforcement and environmental claims
- Contract interpretation, defaults and claims
- Construction defects and questionable methods
- Crisis management
- Differing site conditions
- Engineering and architectural claims
- Sub-contractor performance and liens
- Unanticipated events